Bing & Grøndahl
Bing & Grøndahl Porcelain Factory was founded in 1853 supplying fine, locally produced, handpainted porcelain services designed by inhouse artists for danish and foreign tables.
Erik Magnussen was headhunted with Ursula Munch-Petersen right out of Arts and Crafts School in 1961. At this time there was a vital atmosphere of great artistic activity at Bing & Grøndahl, where the sculptors Henning Koppel and Søren Georg Jensen were also engaged. It was a peak period for ceramics under the leadership of the young director Ebbe Simonsen, the fourth generation of management at Bing & Grøndahl.
In 1987 Bing & Grøndahl was merged with the competing Copenhagen based porcelain factory Royal Porcelain to become Royal Copenhagen A/S.